Long Term Economic Partners
With one of the most open and innovative economies in the world, the UAE is a dependable and substantial economic partner with the United States.
- The UAE is the United States’ largest export market in the Arab World, purchasing $11.64 billion in US goods in 2010.
- US companies have played major roles in the development of UAE energy resources, which represent about 10 percent of global oil reserves.
- The UAE is the only oil producer in the Gulf to maintain private-sector participation in the oil industry.
- More than 750 US firms have a presence in the UAE, from Bechtel and ExxonMobil to Starbucks and Cold Stone Creamery.
- UAE investment has been a dependable and long-term engine of growth for the US economy, injecting capital, expanding market access, creating jobs and contributing to mutual prosperity.