- They are both hot but Dubai is hotter
- There is a lot of diabetes and obesity in both places
- Everyone has to drive to get around.. it is hot, the public transportation is limited
- They have heavily depended on oil and still do
- They both have a 'Big' complex - 'Everything's bigger in Texas' is a typical slogan but I think Dubai probably takes the cake with tallest building in the world, in-door ski slope, man-made islands in the shape of the world and palms, you know.
- They both have a lot of immigrants
I will add to the list as I progress with my time here.