September 11, 2004

Catalonian Eating Hours

I received this awesome book from my university about the city of Barcelona and about the culture in a nutshell. One of the articles I read was about the eating hours and general customs. I tried writing about it earlier this week but now I have proof!!

There are usually 4 meals in the day. A light breakfast between eight and ten, if you are up around that time. Then lunch is between two and three. Then this results in dinner's being later. There is usually a snack sometime between lunch and dinner. Few people have dinner before nine, and it is not uncommon, even on weekdays, to have dinner after eleven. My books says that all meals are quite heavy especially lunch. The lightest and most unsubstantial is, unlike in other countries, breakfast.

No comments: