February 9, 2007

Immigration raid leaves Texas town a skeleton

City fueled by illegal meatpackers falls apart after hundreds arrested

By Sylvia Moreno
Updated: 2:49 a.m. ET Feb 9, 2007

interesting:

But authorities charge that these immigrants had false identity documents, enabling them to get driver's licenses and jobs illegally, victimizing U.S. citizens and fueling the fraudulent document industry. Traffic stops or crime reports became confusing events in Cactus in recent years. Immigrants would offer two names, said former Cactus Police Chief Tim Turley. They had "el verdadero," as they called it -- the true name -- and their work name.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to
say that I've really enjoyed browsing your blog posts.
After all I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope
you write again very soon!

Also visit my website; traits of successful people (it-one.at)