November 4, 2006

Where’s 104-year-old Waldo? Still working!

Spry Kansas senior raises bees and sells honey, just retired from running

I love this article!!!! :)

"I'm not a strong believer in retirement. I don't think retirement is in the Bible. Maybe it's there, but I haven't found it," he said.


"My running got so slow I could walk as fast as I could run," he said.


He attributes his longevity to many things _ genes, exercise, food, mental attitude and faith. Many in his family lived into their 80s and 90s.

McBurney believes in a healthy diet with lots of whole grains, fruits and vegetables, much of it grown in his garden.

"The kids in the city come home from school with nothing to do. They sit down in front of the TV with a bottle of pop and a sack of potato chips and they get fat, and fat is a killer," he said.
---> I think he figured out our childhood obesity problem

No drinking, no smoking
McBurney says he never smoked or drank alcohol, which he believes helped him live longer.

"I always got along fairly well without them, so I still don't know the taste of either of them," he said.

No comments: